“Cyber Risk Insurance: How to Live With It Because You Can No Longer Live Without It” March 20, 2018
- March 7, 2018
- No comments
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
The Cove at UCI Applied Innovation
In 2017, costs linked to just ransomware attacks worldwide were estimated to exceed $5 Billion, up from $325 Million in 2015. Cyber attacks are a dangerous growth industry and none are immune from risk. Defending against an attack is necessary, but is imprecise, uncertain, and rarely sufficient to stave off liabilities. Insuring against loss from an attack is now a necessary safeguard. We are all targets.
You’re invited to a complimentary program presented by UCI and Newmeyer & Dillion. The evening will commence with a social hour including appetizers, beer, wine & soft drinks. Immediately following join panel members in a salon style discussion moderated by Mr. Bryan Cunningham, Esq. Executive Director of the UCI Cybersecurity Policy & Research Institute (CPRI).
The evening will highlight:
- The impact on the insurance industry from the rise of cyber attacks;
- Evolution of cyber insurance case law affecting all institutions;
- Identifying and analyzing insurance coverage gaps;
- Academic institution risks and coverages; and
- How to structure risk coverage for individuals.
- Jeffrey Dennis, Managing Partner, Newmeyer & Dillion
- Wesley G. Hampton, President, Narver Insurance
- Francis Quinlan, Corporate Director and Counsel, Newmeyer & Dillion
- Shauhin Talesh, Professor of Law, UCI Law School
Social Hour | 5:00 p.m.
Program | 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
UCI Applied Innovation
5141 California Avenue, # 200
Irvine, CA 92617